Sunday, March 8, 2020

Salad Hair -- Signing Off For Awhile -- I Have To Re-Set A Dozen Clocks Or So -- March 8, 2020

Okay, okay, okay -- I've now spent the last hour exploring this. If you haven't looked at the two videos linked below, you are missing an evening of great entertainment. These are must-watch videos.

Original Post 

A Minnesota trifecta. Earlier today, two stories out of Minnesota, now this one, the third story out of Minnesota.

From a reader. So good on so many levels.


As much as I talk about Texas high school sports, I have to admit, this makes me want to be back in high school. As a hockey player. With hair. LOL.

Later:
  • it turns out that these videos are an annual series; one can find annual all-hockey hair team videos going back any number of years; I've only begun to explore; and, 
  • google hockey hair salad and you will get a gazillion hits, including this one: Minnesota and mullets: the grand tradition of hockey hair, MPR News. I thought "mullets" were a southern thing -- specifically lower Alabama -- only. Mullets in Minnesota -- you have to be kidding. And some folks have the audacity to give Trump a bad time about his orange comb-over. Give me a break. 
Of the videos I've looked at this one is particularly good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDpSKDyKRU. A bit of history. If you do go to this video, skip quickly to 5:10 to see Carly Beniek, who took #1 in the annual Minnesota hair team.

Best line: Minnesota is so manly, if you type "MN" into your smart phone in Minnesota, it autocorrects to "MAN."

Without question, this should have been the subject of a "Seinfeld" sitcom. Kramer with "the hair" and Frank Costanza with the backstory -- it would have been hilarious. Or not. "Hairstory.'


No comments:

Post a Comment