Saturday, March 14, 2020

Notes From All Over, Part 3 -- March 14, 2020

Link here:
Meanwhile, I can’t believe it hasn’t occurred to any leftist conspiracy theorists that this whole virus thing is a conspiracy of Big Toilet Paper. After all, the dreaded Koch brothers own Georgia-Pacific, which manufactures . . . toilet paper.
Question / quote of the day: from Sophia, our 5-year-old granddaughter, soon to be six: "Are they really fake?"
Her mom: "What are you talking about?"

Sophia: "Fake newtons." She was eating "fig" newtons. LOL.
My thoughts exactly, from a reader:
My [Chicago] suburb's library is closing after today ... (I think all the suburbs libraries are closing for like 2 weeks). My area has a large population of Polish immigrants that came after Berlin Wall came down... here is what one lady said... conversation I just overheard at my library. Polish woman appeared middle age talking to another woman... says, 
"I remember growing up in Poland as a 4 year old and nothing on the shelves, but here in the United States"? 
Most libraries are well below the 500-people-at-one-time threshold. In fact, I would wager that there is no suburban library in the US that has a density of even 150 people in one room. The idea that suburbs are closing their libraries is purely ludicrous. My hunch: the librarians are refusing to show up for work. This is not rocket science. 

No comments:

Post a Comment