Saturday, March 14, 2020

How Low Can We Go? -- March 14, 2020

Gas Buddy, Oklahoma City:


How far can one drive on $1.24-gasoline?
  • the price of two NBA tickets: $124
  • $124 / $1.24 = 100 gallons
  • 30 mpg * 100 gallons = 3,000 miles
  • can that be correct? Someone might want to check that. NYT editorial board? Brian Williams?
Wow, I'm in a great mood. I was up at oh-dark-thirty to take our oldest granddaughter to SAT testing center. Wow, what a beautiful drive. I am free until noon. Four hours of bliss. My wife is still on the west coast, flying between Los Angeles (her family's home) and Portland, OR, to see the twins. She's been gone for two weeks, will be gone another two weeks. The kids have an extended school break and thus my Uber-driving is much diminished.

On her way:

I've got mine:


Happy pi day:


Wow, I'm lovin' this: I'm not missing any live sports today. I can drive the granddaughters wherever they need to go; I can take Sophia to the park; I can disinfect the apartment -- and I'm not missing anything on television. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment