Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Checking In To See What Condition My Condition Is In -- October 9, 2019

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, career, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

A reader asked about Edward Jones as a financial advisor. I replied that I have heard nothing but good reports from individuals about Edward Jones. But I:
  • I told the reader to check out fees and commissions that Edward Jones charges; and,
  • asked the reader if his/her tax-deferred retirement plans have been maxed out
Commissions charged by Schwab as of October 7, 2019: zero.

Commission schedule for Edward Jones: link here --


I probably would have posted this regardless, but when I saw that the commission / fee could be "unlimited" I wondered whether someone had hacked into the Edward Jones site.

I could be wrong but I believe the industry it moving toward commission-free trades and monthly subscription rates for financial advice.

************************************
Just Dropped In 
To See 
What Condition My Condition Was In

Just Dropped In, The First Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment