Monday, September 30, 2019

Things On My Mind, Part 1 -- September 30, 2019

AAPL: it's been a long time since I've seen shares of Apple, Inc, jump this much this fast. Apple's October - December, 2019, quarter is going to be incredible. Just saying.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, career, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

The president: in hindsight, his biggest mistake -- not "locking her up." She could have operated the "war room" from behind prison but it would have been a bit more difficult.

Cowboys: wow, I'm glad I did not watch the Dallas - New Orleans game last night. Was is it all field goals? The final score, I believe, was 12 - 10. Apparently not all field goals; Dallas must have made at least one touchdown. And the highest paid runner (player?) in the NFL ran 35 yards on 18 carries; he must have phoned it in. Let's see, 35/18 is less than two yards/carry? Dallas loses to a team playing with a back-up quarterback.

Cowboys: time to fire Jason Garrett?

NASCAR: did not watch.

Television: I've cut the cord. No more cable (or television for me). There will be, like everything in life, exceptions. Like at sports bars. But literally no television in the last ten days except for one British comedy last night to make my wife happy. The straw that broke the camel's back: that Monday night football game a couple weeks ago featuring the Miami Dolphins. The Miami Dolphins on MNF? You have to be kidding. Then, NASCAR a week ago when Eric Jones was the first racer ever to be disqualified in a cup race. 

Market: occasionally I buy shares on margin. LOL. I buy something and then send a check to Schwab. If it takes more than three days to clear, I've bought something on margin. It happened over the weekend. There were so many good deals in the market last week, I couldn't resist. I was notified of the margin loan (as it were, LOL) this morning. I just checked my account. The check has now cleared and is in the account. It appears I had a Schwab loan for about eight hours. Ah, the perils of investing. Pocahontas will solve this.

No commissions: by the way, speaking of Schwab. I wonder when they will go to commission-free trades. Schwab talked about it a year or so ago; nothing happened. Now that Interactive Brokers has gone to commission-free trades, it forces Schwab's hand(s).

2020 presidential election: Romney vs Pocahontas. Perhaps more likely: Romney vs Hillary.

No comments:

Post a Comment