Friday, March 8, 2019

Fuel Shortages In Mexico -- March 8, 2019

Link here. Fuel shortages experienced in Mexico earlier this year are incentivizing major oil companies to rely less on Pemex's supply logistics system, market observers said Friday.
BP will join a limited group of major fuel wholesalers that are importing gasoline and diesel to Mexico later this year, the company announced Tuesday.

Repsol and Total made similar announcements earlier this year, joining ExxonMobil, Glencore and Marathon Petroleum as Mexico's only private gasoline importers.

In the second quarter, BP will begin trucking 15,000 b/d of gasoline and diesel from Texas and later rail it into northern, central and western Mexico by the second half of 2019, the company said in a statement.

BP plans to develop 10 new terminals within five years in the country and imports fuel from Ohio, Texas and Washington state, Alvaro Granados, BP Mexico's downstream director, told news agency AFP on Thursday.
**********************************
Distillate Prices Spike

Link here. Fire at HollyFrontier's Kansas plant .

******************************
I Never Thought I Would Live Long Enough To See This

Link here.


I don't know. Is drought "weather" or "climate"?

Anyone remember the "dust bowl?"



Dust Bowl Ballads, Woody Guthrie

As "bad" as things are, I think we've seen worse.

****************************************
Woody Guthrie

During my multiple tours to northern England back in 2002 - 2004, I would walk the Yorkshire moors every weekend. I carried a little Walkman -- a portable CD player. I carried one or two CDs, and almost always carried the greatest hits of Woody Guthrie.

I have no idea how many times I must have listened to these songs but never tired of them; great walking music. Some days I walked greater than twelve hours/day. I remember starting at 8:00 a.m. and by the time I got back to the base, twelve hours later, I thought I was not going to make it back.

I notice that no one is singing about dust bowls or droughts in the US any more. But they're sure talking about global warming a lot. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment