Monday, February 18, 2019

Off The Net For Awhile -- February 18, 2019

I'm going to be off the net for awhile and do some reading.

The book for the next few weeks, continuing my focus on Los Alamos: The Making of the Atomic Bomb, Richard Rhodes, 1986, winner of the Pulitzer Prize; the National Book Award; and, the National Book Critics Circle Award.

I might come back to this very interesting WSJ article on Apple.

I don't know if I will get into global warming or not.

Powerline.

If you aren't following Powerline you are missing this:


*********************************************
The Minta

While reading the first few pages of The Making of the Atomic Bomb, I read that Leo Szilard had "graduated from the Minta in Budapest."

That led me to lesswrong: the atomic bomb considered Hungarian high school science fair project.

A good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment