February 20, 2019: contributor over at SeekingAlpha looks at CLR's 4Q18 and CY18 results. Archived.
- The company was apparently free cash flow positive and posted $1.0 billion in GAAP net income last year.
- Rising oil & gas production tax rates in Oklahoma and production expense increases will contend with falling DD&A per BOE expenses according to guidance.
From SeekingAlpha, misses on top and bottom line:
- Q4 non-GAAP EPS of $0.54 misses by $0.07
- GAAP EPS of $0.53 misses by $0.07
- revenue of $1.15B (+9.5% Y/Y) misses by $30 million
- net income, CY18: $988 million; adjusted, $1.07 billion
- per share: $2.64; adjusted, $2.84
- total production:
- 298,190 boepd
- up 23% yoy
- 168,177 bopd
- up 21% yoy
- debt reduction over one year: $585 million
- cash build over one year: $239 million
- production expense per boe: $3.59; 36% reduction in last four years