Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Midnight Note, T+65 -- Absolutely Nothing About The Bakken -- October 17, 2018


*******************************
Halloween

I have no idea where the Montessori class is headed with this Halloween pumpkin, but Sophia is really excited about it. Color me very, very impressed with the Montessori method. Sophia turned four years old earlier this summer. She has been in a start-up Montessori class for about four weeks, and already I've seen a difference. Montessori: STEMFA for kindergartners.


*********************************
Hopdoddy

A while back I posted a note about Hopdoddy. Today, our older daughter "insisted" that the three of us go to Hopdoddy for lunch. It would be our first visit. It will not be our last. We will go again next week, same day, same time. It's incredible. The wait-staff is a bit overbearing, but the hamburgers are to die for, as they say.

My wife had the "Impossible Burger." I forget (or didn't pay attention to) what our daughter ordered. It was a vegetable burger of some sort. I had the ahi tuna. I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. They said the tuna would be seared and served rare. Yes, it was rare, and perfect. It's hard to get non-Japanese restaurants to get ahi tuna right. My wife said she could not believe the "Impossible Burger" was completely "vegetable." No meat and the best hamburger she says she has ever had. I suppose I should have taken a taste. Maybe next time.

During the meal, one of the wait-staff came up to us and gave us a "gift-card." Our daughter was aware of it, but we weren't. It's why our daughter was so insistent we go today. It turns out that Hopdoddy, locally, was having a promotion. At the time one ordered one's meal, they would run off a duplicate receipt and a coupon. The coupon is good for the exact amount that we spent today. The meal today cost just under $48 for three. Worth every penny. And then to find out the coupon we got was worth just under $48 for our next mean there; expires one month from today. My daughter said I needed to get a mixed drink -- add to the bill for the "free" visit next week. Then she remembered: I don't drink alcohol any more.

Ahi tuna, Hopdoddy style:


Amateur photographs never do justice to restaurant meals.

 I did not order the French fries. Our older daughter is a French fry afficionado and wanted to taste them. So she got them for me. They were incredible. Yes, better than McDonald's, who up until now had set the bar.
********************************
Trump

I Will Follow Him, Peggy March

No comments:

Post a Comment