Saturday, October 13, 2018

Saturday, October 13, 2018 -- T+60

Best restaurant ever: The Knead Cafe, Kalispell, MT. Link at Food and Wine. I may post this again. Voted best Montana restaurant (cafe?) by Yelp in 2016. After describing it to my wife, she said she may go to Kalispell just to experience the restaurant. Highly, highly recommended. I told the waitstaff that The Knead Cafe is now my "go to" restaurant when in Montana. If you go, go during off-season, during the day when things are slow, and talk to Mike, the owner-manager-chef. Our waitress said she grew up in Florida, and left a most beautiful state to come to a .... long pause .... a most beautiful state (in a different way) ... so she could work at this restaurant. A millennial, this waitress was awesome. My tip: ~ 48% of the cost of the meal itself, the first day. Similar the second day we were there. Brunch the first day cost $42 for four (without tip); the second day, brunch was $38 for four (again, without tip. Reviewed at Yelp. The Homestead Cafe in Lakeside, MT, is superb. A close second choice to The Knead Cafe if in the area. The best choice in Lakeside.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here.

Wow, I'm in a great mood. Just get back from from road trip from Texas to Montana and back. Lots to report if I had time. Eight days on the road; most of them truly spent on the road. It looks like I might have chance for a second road trip this autumn. We'll see.

Rush Limbaugh: I was fortunate enough to catch either two or three complete broadcasts of Rush Limbaugh. He's so much better to listen to when traveling, alone, and uninterrupted. I think he once said it takes six weeks or six months (I think it was six months) of listening to him before one really understood him. No one else comes close.

Kelly Craft: possibly the next ambassador to Canada. Some folks may like her better than Nikki Haley and that's saying a lot. Link here.

Eric Holder: Kick 'em when they're down. Running for president.

The market: one huge, rare buying opportunity.

GE: delays release of quarterly results. Link here.

Book: The God Problem: How a Godless Cosmos Creates, Howard Bloom, not Harold Bloom, c. 2016. I had looked at this book several times over the years -- that's the current copyright date, 2016, but I think it first came out in 2013. One needs to read it when one is ready for it. It took me, apparently, several years to get into the right mood to read it.

Moab, Utah: Arches Natural Park. Wow. Link here.

Yellowstone Natural Park: I need to visit it again. First impression? Grand Canyon, #1. Moab, #2, Yellowstone, #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment