Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Television Is Training Me To Not Watch Television -- Scott Adams -- February 28, 2017

Active rigs:


2/28/201702/28/201602/28/201502/28/201402/28/2013
Active Rigs4138119192183

RBN Energy: will natural gas production in SCOOP/STACK be "OK"?

Scott Adams: television is training me to not watch television.

And right on cue, via Twitter:


*********************************
Television
Updates

Later, 7:57 p.m. Central Time: Fox Business surges in ratings competition with CNBC. Yes, I don't watch CNBC any more during the day; it's all Fox Business for me except first thing in the morning, 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. (if I'm up that early), when I flip between Fox Business and CNBC. Whenever Becky Quick comes on with Warren Buffett, I immediately switch networks. When Maria Bartiromo gets into a long segment I generally switch networks.

Original Post
 
I agree with what Scott Adams had to say (see link above).

Right after the Trump election, I started watching MSNBC "Morning Joe" but that lasted about ten days. I no longer watch MSNBC. Same old stuff. Same old talking heads. I don't get up early to watch Fox Business News or MSNBC "Squawk Box" any more. In fact, I don't turn on our television set any more.

I now watch television -- if I watch it at all -- on an old MacBook Pro. I have an app that immediately mutes every commercial. The great thing -- the app is free and needs no special effort to install. The app is my left index finger, hitting the mute button on the computer. No remote device and therefore I never "lose" the remote device.

I won't be watching

No comments:

Post a Comment