Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Futures Continue To Move Up; Is There A T-Span In The Future? Minnesota May Kill Solar Incentive -- January 25, 2017

Futures don't mean a thing ... until they do.

I generally don't see much of interest with regard to futures late at night, but after surging through 20,000 -- the market did not tiptoe into 20,000; it made a huge splash -- one would think there might be a pause.

But over the past few hours, it's been interesting to see futures (Dow 30) climbing steadily. I first noticed a 37 point on the plus side and it's steadily risen to 47 where it is now.

I'm being told that "big money" folks are selling 10/30-year bonds for equities. I imagine a lot of folks are covering "short" positions. And, then, of course, all the fund managers that don't want to be caught behind their peers when the first quarter results are announced. I don't know; just some idle chatter.

I was gone this evening (water polo) so I missed the ABC interview with Donald Trump. I don't plan to watch it. But this guy is dominating the air waves like no one I've seen in modern history.

That may be hyperbole but I would be curious if someone can name someone else that tweets all hours of the night; holds a "reality show" at 8:00 a.m. with a dozen prominent US movers and shakers; then signs two to five executive orders with still cameras whirring and live video television; followed by photo ops in various DC government offices, and then a prime time interview. All on his third full business day. Did he take time for lunch today? Golf? Campaign fund raising?

And then in a week or so, he starts meeting with foreign leaders.

I'm glad to see the mainstream media is still fact-checking the size of the inauguration crowd.

I had really planned to quit getting up at 5:00 a.m. to catch MSNBC "Morning Joe" and/or CNBC "Squawk Box" but it's getting to the point I'm worried I'm going to miss something.

Much more of this "stuff" and we're going to need a new network just one click up or down from C-Span: T-Span (T for Trump, of course).

*******************************
Before Any More Birds Are Fried, Minnesota GOP Wants To Cut Solar Incentive

One of three or four states that are poster children for renewable energy is having second thoughts.

Minnesota Republicans are considering killing a solar incentive and taking control of an energy fund they say has little oversight.

But in the end, solar will win in Minnesota. Just a hunch. It's what Minnesotans do.

No comments:

Post a Comment