Saturday, May 16, 2015

What Do These Five (5) States Have In Common? -- May 16, 2015

Nevada, Vermont, North Dakota, Ohio, and Wisconsin?

These are the top five states where the middle class is being "destroyed."

Clearly North Dakota is the outlier:
  • Nevada: swaths of homes being foreclosed
  • Vermont: senior citizens feeling the economic crunch
  • North Dakota: Bakken middle class --> Bakken millionaires, raising cost of living for all
  • Ohio: rust belt
  • Wisconsin: governor has gutted the unions
The problem with all the 30-second sound bite on North Dakota -- the Bakken economy is predominantly felt in three sparsely populated counties in western North Dakota. I can't speak to the other states but the 30-second sound bites sound reasonable.

***************************
Q: What's Wrong With This Picture?
A: At Least Two Things, Maybe Three

US Census Bureau reports

2 comments:

  1. I'll give it a shot:
    1. Under 35 is screwed and wealth from their parents will not transfer to them as the 65+ crowd's bling will disappear to health care insurance companies, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and the government's hand in their pockets.
    2. The over 65 crowd is still underwater with credit card debts and second mortgages.
    3. There is an excess of useless breathers/eaters bring down the averages and forcing the government to raise taxes to pay their full way, crushing the rest of us, so the Democratic politicians secure votes.

    How'd I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better than I would have. My three were much more limited in scope (centered around the same thing (your #2); your three are much better; I'm embarrassed to list mine -- but I will some point down the line, perhaps. If I don't forget. Thank you for a great list ... you are so correct about #1 ... I'm already seeing it in the estate of my own parents -- it will all go to their final years of assisted living, health care, pharmaceuticals, etc.

      Delete