Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Putting Things Into Perspective -- April 1, 2015

Updates

Later, 11:04 p.m. CT: four deaths
 
Original Post

I am not aware of any CBR deaths in the US but I could be wrong.

However, the Gulf of Mexico? Here we go again.

Daily Mail is reporting:
A fire broke out on an oil platform belonging to Mexico’s state Pemex petroleum giant in the Gulf of Mexico, leading to the evacuation of about 300 workers. According to the company at least one person has died and 16 have been injured.
Pemex said on Twitter that the fire on the Abkatun Permanente platform in the oil-rich Campeche Bay broke out overnight and eight firefighting boats were tackling the blaze. 
And we haven't even begun talking about the environmental disaster yet to be reported.

I'll be off the net for awhile; there may be more to the story that I missed but that's my knee-jerk response. I may be way off-base here.

No comments:

Post a Comment