Wednesday, April 1, 2015

No Update On Trucking Fracking Sand From Wisconsin, Minnesota -- April 1, 2015

Updates

Later, 11:36 a.m.: after posting the note below, I received this from a reader who has a brother-in-law it the trucking business, located in Minnesota:
We only have one frac job running and that one is running into Texas. No ND or CO loads happening that we can get our hands on. Freight rates have really dropped off on the sand and all the other freight, too. Freight-wise, still kind of quiet out there. Waiting for the spring fertilizer push. 
Original Post
 
A reader asked if I knew of any updates regarding trucking (not rail, but trucking) fracking sand from Minnesota and Wisconsin to the Bakken.

I did not have any updates, but did reply:
I do not have any updates but can only assume that rates have dropped. I did hear from another read that a trucker in Minnesota had this to say about two months ago: "no fracking sand was being shipped by truck."

I would assume it's less expensive and more efficient to ship by rail. I assume trucking sand in was due to lack of adequate rail, but that's just my opinion.
I am most curious to see what this summer brings, with upwards of 850 wells waiting to be fracked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment