Friday, November 8, 2013

Target, The Retailer, Is Offering $200 For Old iPads

I have several non-Bakken posts ready to be posted, but they are in "draft" status, waiting to be posted later this morning or this afternoon. I like to have Bakken posts at the top of the blog when folks open up the blog first thing in the morning.

I often forget that rule, and there are exceptions.

This is an exception.

Target (the "retailer") is offering $200 for any and all old iPads brought to their electronics area. This is not a hoax; it really works, though not all Target employees are aware of the promotion. Read the comments at the link. (Actually, they will give you $200 for even a brand new iPad but, of course, that would not make a lot of sense, now would it?)

The promotion only lasts until tomorrow. If you are really, really quick, you can buy $100 iPads on Craig's list or eBay and bring them (all) in to Target for $200. Target wants you to trade in your old iPad for a new iPad bought at Target using that $200 but the $200 comes with only one restriction: it is in the form of a gift card, so it has to be spent at Target, but I doubt there is any expiration date on the gift card.

In the tech world, there are few deals better than this.

************************************

Regular  readers know I am an Apple Fanboy. So, take the following with a grain of salt, a short note I sent a reader earlier today:
By the way, having said, last night was the first time I had the opportunity to actually hold in my hands the iPad Air, the iPad mini, and the new iPhone (not all at one time).

I was blown away.

They really are incredible. Any critic who suggests Apple is not innovating, and/or costs too much has no sense of what Apple has accomplished. Their products -- and I know I'm a fanboy -- are really incredible. And one can "buy in" for less than the cost of two monthly car payments. Actually, one can "buy in" for about half of one monthly premium for ObamaCare -- and ObamaCare insurance premiums never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment