Sunday, May 19, 2013

WSJ Reporting: Yahoo Will Buy Tumblr For $1.1 Billion In Cash

Updates

May 25, 2013: Bloomberg reports that Yahoo will put in a bid for Hulu.

 
Original Post
 
WSJ story here. And the WSJ front page story here.

And, yes, I have Tumblr site. The (London) DailyMail on this story here.

I guess I didn't post my notes regarding Tumblr.

Tumblr lives up to its name. Imagine putting 24 dice in a cup, shaking, and rolling. Look at what you roll. Same with Tumblr. Every day you sign in, you don't know what you will be seeing. And some of it is very, very good.

Yahoo moved quickly, it appears.

I'm somewhat disappointed that Apple with its huge cash reserve isn't buying some of these social sites; most will fail, but the ones that make it will be huge. Apple would not have missed $1 billion.

Tumblr is an alternate site for the 12- to 55-year crowd who don't want their parents to see what they are posting.  Tumblr purposely makes it difficult to find a specific "blog." It's a very interesting concept. I probably won't be using it often for the Bakken. I want folks to find me easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment