Thursday, April 4, 2013

Did Forum Communications Website, The Oil Patch, Launched One Year Ago Disappear?

Updates

April 5, 2013: again, a huge "thank you" to a reader for alerting me to the website (see comments below). I think I've found it -- http://www.bakkentoday.com/ -- and not all that difficult to sign into. It turns out that my log-in for The Dickinson Press works for this site, as well as others. I've been exploring the site; I can't complain. It seems to have fair and balanced reporting. 

April 5, 2013: see first two comments. It appears the website is still there; I just didn't find it under the ULR posted by the Dickinson Press or others. A huge "thank you" to the reader.

Original Post

I recall visiting the site only once. I had the same experience Rob Port had, and never visited again. Then, for whatever reason (boredom?) I decided to check up on the website. I can't find it. If it is gone, I can understand why. Perhaps it has a new name.

But if you google "forum communications oil patch news" you will get a lot of announcements that the site has launched, but you won't find the site (at least not on the first few pages).

4 comments:

  1. You may be referring to this website?

    http://oilpatchdispatch.areavoices.com/

    It is a "blog" (lack of better word) page that one of the Forum Communications reporter is updating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right. I just didn't find it under the original URL that Dickinson Press or Rob Port mentioned. But I think this is correct.

      I actually link articles to this website once in awhile.

      Thank you for taking time to write. Now that I see it again, I don't have strong feeling (negative or positive) one way or the other.

      Delete
  2. Actually I think this http://www.bakkentoday.com/event/article/id/34657/ is what use to be thepatchtoday.com , they changed the name for some reason...

    This somewhat mirrors the previous one I gave you same reporter, Amy Dalrymple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are correct. Even though it's a free membership I have never set up a log-in / subscription. I get tired of logging into all these different sites.

      Delete