Monday, November 28, 2011

Still Looking for That Perfect Christmas Gift -- Here It Is -- "Chicks With Guns"

Just when I thought I didn't know what I wanted for Christmas!

I told my younger daughter all I wanted for Christmas were books, although I didn't have my list yet.

If Books on Broadway, Williston, North Dakota, can get it by Wednesday, I'll buy it there. Otherwise gotta wait for Christmas and a gift from my daughter.

The book is Chicks with Guns, by photographer Lindsay McCrum, Vendome, $45.
The women hail from different social levels, cultures and regions. They range from a tween-aged Rachel from Montana whose favorite gun is the .250 Savage "because that's the gun I used when I killed my first elk,'' to the grandmotherly Ellie, a sweet-looking former Merced, Calif., mayor surrounded by her doll collection and a Taurus Titanium .38 by her side.
Cute. But this is the one I like, "a beautiful blond bride from San Antonio....." you have got to be kidding. I did not recognize her from my adopted home town. It was the lamp that threw me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment