Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Music Has Always Been A Matter of Energy To Me -- A Car With The Gas Needle On Empty Can Run About Fifty More Miles With The Right Music Very Loud On The Radio -- Hunter S Thompson

"Music has always been a matter of energy to a me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio." -- Hunter S. Thompson

For those who enjoy music, I have another recommendation. Sometime ago I recommended Pandora.com, but I think there's even a better alternative out there: Live365.com.

When you get there, you can choose among several radio station. You might have to play aroudn with the site until you get it figured out, but once you do, it's phenomenal. I have to thank Tom McMahon for linking it at his site.

At Live365.com I started by listening to the Top 40 station taken directly from the 60's with the news and commercials from the 1960's.

Then, last night I went to Classic Country or Country Gold.

Tonight I'm listening to "1st Cav Medics - 60's" -- nothing but music and AFVN video clips from the 1960's. Absolutely incredible.

The advantages of Live365.com:
  • No limit on how many hours/month you can listen for free on Live365; Pandora limits one to 40 hours
  • Multiple "radio stations" on Live365.com with unlimited music; Pandora is limited in content
  • Disc jockies on Live365.com
  • No commercial interruptions on Live365.com or very few (commercials from the 1960's don't count; they are a hoot; AFVN "public service announcements" certainly don't count

No comments:

Post a Comment