Friday, June 24, 2011

Mouse River Flooding -- Canadian Border To Minot -- No Wells Involved

Update

I was wrong in the post below. I should have written "minimal" activity rather than "no" oil activity. Regardless, the flooding has had some impact, but mostly with regard to railroad oil transport.

Original Post

I could be wrong, but looking at the NDIC GIS map server, the Mouse River coming down from Canada does not go through any oil fields in North Dakota except for three minor fields, none of which have any new activity. The three fields: Donnybrook, Newporte, and Northgate.

South and east of Minot where the Mouse River flows out of Minot, there is no oil activity.

2 comments:

  1. It flows into Canada through Bottineau County.


    anon 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand corrected. I knew the Souris flowed back into Canada but I did not take the time to follow the Souris all the way up on the GIS Map Server.

    The Souris does go through several oil fields in Bottineau County area but there is very little new activity in this area. I saw two wells on confidential status near the Souris where it flows back into Canada but in the big scheme of things, a minor issue.

    ReplyDelete