Friday, June 24, 2011

Pandora.Com "Radio Stations" -- Absolutely Nothing To Do With The Bakken

Don asked if I listened to Pandora.com when the internet site was in all the business news on the day it went public. At the time I had not; indeed, I did not even know what Pandora.com was and had no interest.

But after Don asked, I checked it out.

My first impressions were "so-so." But something keeps drawing me back to the "station." I can't explain it, but it's great background music while I blog about the Bakken.

If you enjoy music, and haven't found Pandora.com yet, I would highly recommend it. You may not like it, but then again, you might be surprised.

3 comments:

  1. Bruce,
    Discovered Pandora several yrs ago and immediately stopped listening to local radio. Is a great way to listen to "my" music with minimal interruption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew about Pandora but you inspired me to try it, and I love it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it really is quite phenomenal.

    Be sure to read the FAQs about Pandora at the site.

    Only 40 hours/month is free (should be more than enough for most).

    You won't hear the song you "requested" immediately; in fact, it's possible the song may not even be available (unlikely). You can't go "back" to hear a song again, but you can skip ahead.

    Advertisements/commercials are very, very short, but a bit irritating.

    I miss hearing a "good" disc jockey talking about the songs, giving a bit of background -- someone like Wolfman Jack, for instance.

    ReplyDelete