Thursday, June 9, 2011

For Investors: The Single-Best-Performing Stock of the Last 30 Years -- And You May Own It -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA --Seeking Alpha

Years ago, maybe 30 years ago, I started investing in the stock market. I was pretty conservative. One can argue how well it's worked out, but this "hobby" certainly has its surprises.

Had I not invested I most likely would have lost interest in current affairs a long time ago.

Don sent me this SeekingAlpha.com link which ties in with an energy company in the Bakken. I would have missed the article, or at least not gotten to it for several days. It seems like I am always catching up. So, again, another big "thank you" to Don.

The article has a tie-in with Williams Companies. Williams Companies has been one of my favorite companies. It was one of the first individual companies I ever bought shares in, and I've accumulated shares in the company off and on over the years. But I never knew that Williams owns 69% of a company that may be "the single-best-performing stock of the last 30 years."

Notice where the company, Apco Oil and Gas International is incorporated, where it has its headquarters, and where it has its branch offices. Some day, I think we are going to see one of the smaller Bakken companies recognized as the single-best-performing stock of the last 30 years: the company will be headquartered somewhere in Colorado (Denver), Texas, or Oklahoma, and will have branches throughout the Rockie Mountains and Texas: the Bakken, the Niobrara, and the Eagle Ford.

[Earlier this year:
Williams Cos., the fourth-largest U.S. pipeline operator by market value, will sell as much as 20 percent of its oil and natural-gas exploration unit in an initial public offering.

Williams also said it will raise its quarterly dividend by 60 percent to 20 cents per share for the first quarter 2011, to be paid in June. It plans an additional increase of as much as 15 percent next year.

The IPO is scheduled for the third quarter, the company said in a statement. The remainder of the oil business will be spun off to Williams shareholders next year. After the transactions, Williams’ shareholders will own stakes in two publicly traded companies: a pipeline company and an exploration company.]

No comments:

Post a Comment