Sunday, April 24, 2011

From Afghanistan -- Absolutely Nothing To Do With The Bakken

While in the service,  I had the privilege, over a 30-year career, to spend a fair amount of time with US Marines.

Tonight, while surfing YouTube, I ran across the following:

.... a comment on YouTube:
I'm 19 years old. I am deployed to Afghanistan now. I am in love for the first time with a girl who has no idea. This song is way before my time, but really tells my story. I will probably die here and she will never know. What a waste. Well, here I go again. Duty calls. Semper Fi.
I'd Love You To Want Me, Lobo (Kent Lavoie) -- posted February, 2011

It seems all marines are 19 years old.

I pray he comes home safely and finds his "girl."

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Bruce
    8 yr vet myself. 2 son's in service, one with trip to Iraq and now in Afgan, the other with multiple tours on Trident Subs.

    God Bless the American Soldier- there is no finer on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father-in-law with two tours to Vietnam and 30-year career in US Army. I can't say enough good things about him.

    My son-in-law, 15 years in US Navy, nuclear subs.

    Thank you for taking time to comment. You must have two wonderful sons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOD BLESS YOU ALL FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY,

    ReplyDelete