Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Lost Decade --> Decade of Tectonic Shifts

I have often referred to 2000 - 2010 as the "lost decade" and I will continue to do so.  [There is a "lost decade" in the tags at the bottom of the blog for more links.]

I was thinking that 2011 - 2020 will be the decade of energy, but that may be too limited. With the news today that German investors may buy the New York Stock Exchange; with the Chinese buying more and more of the fossil fuel assets in the US; and with commodity inflation (e.g., wheat), leading to such events as the revolution in Egypt, I will now refer to 2011 - 2020 as the "decade of tectonic shifts." I don't particularly like that appellation, but, for now it will have to do.

Some tectonic shifts are smooth and manageable; other tectonic shifts result in such events as the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment