Friday, January 21, 2011

Williston Airport Boardings Up 40% -- North Dakota, USA

Link here. The link will be broken shortly; regional newspaper.
Year-end airport boarding numbers in Williston show a more than 40 percent increase in traffic in 2010 over the previous year.

Numbers from the North Dakota Aeronautics Commission show that Sloulin Field International Airport recorded 15,897 boardings in 2010.
Meanwhile, boardings at the Billings, Montana, airport dropped below 400,000 for the first time since 2003. I assume the Billings airport is affected a bit more by leisure travel -- subject to recession. But I believe there are more direct routes from Denver to Williston (with stops along the way). I could be wrong on that; it's been awhile since I've flown in that area, and I don't follow the airlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment