Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Samson Oil and Gas Announces Partnership To Begin Development in Wyoming Niobrara

Link here. And big story on SeekingAlpha about the importance of this deal.

Samson Oil and Gas (SSN) has announced a three-party agreement with Halliburton and a private partner to Halliburton to develop Samson's acreage in the Niobrara Formation and other conventional targets in the northern Denver-Julesburg Basin for part of Samson’s Hawk Springs Project in Goshen County, Wyoming.

Back on January 13, 2010, I noted a significant movement in the share price of SSN; perhaps this is the reason? I have to be cautious. Every time I think I have spotted something, someone seems to tell me I'm wrong. And generally I am. But this looks a bit more solid.

Assuming I haven't mixed up Samson Resources with Samson Oil and Gas (SSN).

I don't have the link, and I personally would not know, but I am being told by a reader that it was Halliburton who was instrumental in opening up / developing the Bakken in the Elm Coulee in Montana. [Here's the link.]

No comments:

Post a Comment