Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Here We Go: A New Multi-Rail Terminal in Western North Dakota -- Bakken, USA

Savage Companies announced plans to build a multi-rail terminal near Trenton, ND. Trenton is just a few miles southwest of Williston, where there has been a lot of activity recently, and sits right on the major BNSF rail line. It is located near the Montana border, specifically looking at Elm Coulee, in addition to what is going on in North Dakota.

The terminal will include ability to load and ship oil.
The terminal will be designed to bring large-scale rail service to the Bakken with oil-field related materials such as tubular, frac sand and other strategic materials, including the capability to load and ship unit trains of crude oil.
It is expected to be completed by the end of 2011.

This appears to be a huge deal. For the folks in Trenton, it certainly has to be a big, big deal.

This is a great location, by the way. I'm sure the Williston folks would have liked this to have been built in Williston but it would have overwhelmed the infrastructure of the city, particularly all the truck traffic that will entail, moving cargo in and out, including oil, to the terminal.

I could be wrong, but this seems to be a big, big deal. 

It will employ 150 people while it is being constructed and steady-state employment will be 40 - 60 people, which should make it the biggest employer in the Trenton area.  

4 comments:

  1. Bruce,
    KX had a blurb on todays noon show by a Raymond James analyst...
    This is a link to the summary. I couldn't find the whole report...

    http://www.raymondjames.com/Savannah/EnergyStatoftheWeekbyMarshallAdkins.aspx

    Best regards

    Gregg Grina
    gsgrina@ndak.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gregg,

    Thank you. I had not seen that. Excellent link; thank you.

    This is analyst suggesting ND Bakken should reach 1.2 million bbls/day in 2015.

    I will link it as a stand-alone post.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always good stuff. You've been linked into our rss feeds. Let me know if you would like to post blurbs on our site that link back to your own. I'm trying to build a web community for the Bakken, and I would like to try to get some of the regular contributors working together. If done right all of the Bakken sites would get more traffic.

    I've only had about a weekend to really work on the site, but I'll try to get something more than a shell up over the next few weeks.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely open to anything that spreads the word. As you may have noted I have no advertising on my site, so that should help assure folks this is simply for everyone's benefit.

    In addition, I own shares in energy companies but have no hidden agenda on this site regarding my investments.

    I don't know how "we" feed into each other's websites, but if it's doable and doesn't cause a problem with the original sites, I have no problem. Many of my items are things I would have missed had someone not sent them to me. It sounds like you might have stories I would otherwise miss.

    So, stay in touch; let me know how I can help.

    ReplyDelete