Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm Peddling As Fast As I Can

I apologize. My numbers at the top of the sidebar on the right are lagging and may be incorrect. (I don't even know what the price of oil is today.)

I am substituting as a teacher right now, full time, so I'm getting a bit behind. I generally post after normal business hours, so the numbers at the top can be incorrect.

However, I do want to thank "Rory" for sending me an update on the number of wells on the confidential list.

I do everything by hand (and my computer for posting); and you have no idea how long it takes me to count the wells on the confidential list, so I only do it periodically, maybe once a month. For the longest time, it has held steady at about 950 wells. Rori noted that it is now up to 1,061 and provided a list of operators and number of rigs in the comment section which I will link later if you can't find it now.

Anyway, for now: a) I will be behind, partly because things are moving very, very quickly in the Bakken; and, b) the numbers at the top of the sidebar on the right are frequently delayed, anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Somebody blinked 1063... Nope now its 1064.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 153 rigs, spud to spud of approx 30 days (max). 6 month confidential, comes out to a 994 wells. Some companies are quoting sub 20 days to TD. 2-4 days for rig move. So 1185 wells on conf status if its 24 days spud to spud. 2nd time commenting, love the blog...LOVE the bakken

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing, isn't it. Less than 30 days spud-to-spud. Truly amazing. Tear down, move, set up in 2 - 4 days. Sounds like running off to join the circus. Those guys work hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something else one could track, which I post about every six months: amount of work yet to be done. Adding up the permits that were let in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 that have still not been drilled on, and then the new permits this year. The backlog is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete