Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Absolutely Nothing To Do With The Bakken

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Bakken but for reasons that will be obvious to those who follow this blog and my other blogs, this is a most exciting story for me.

Arrowhead Elementary School in Billings, Montana (I believe) is getting a technology grant from Qwest, and it will be used to buy iPads for the classroom.

I do not invest in Apple Corporation.

Oh, I don't invest in Qwest, either.

This is purely about the iPad as a great investment for students.

2 comments:

  1. The Minot (North Dakota) Public School system has provided about a dozen teachers with iPads to explore the possibilities.

    Denig’s Five Tribes of the Upper Missouri is an absolute gem. Thanks so much for pointing it out. I too have an affinity for actual books and got it from the local library, but did find it for download to the iPad/Kindle through the ebrary system.

    Hess342

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, great post.

    I never thought I would run into someone who was familiar with Denig. Wow!

    I have concerns about technology in the classroom, so I hope no one takes too much of what I say out of context. iPads and computers are just adjunct tools and don't replace the basics of "old school."

    But to keep students interested in learning is key, and very, very difficult.

    ReplyDelete