Friday, October 2, 2026

Cramer's First Hour -- After Jobs Report: Equities Surge -- Some Even Saying "Santa Claus Rally" In Sight -- Oil Prices Coming Down -- Friday, October 2, 2026

Locator: 51855INVESTING.

New all-time high for NVDA: last all-time high, May, 2026. New high due to announcement of huge buyback.  

Cramer: seems outright giddy about possible "rally"; buy into the coming rally? 

  • See disclaimer. 
  • One analyst has called this the beginning of the "Santa Claus rally."

INTC (Intel): spikes 4%. This tells me everything one needs to know about the market today.

  • INTC has quietly climbed to 124.
  • this is truly amazing: Intel's (INTC) forward consensus earnings per share (EPS) is approximately $1.97 per share over the next 12 months, trading at a forward price-to-earnings (P/E) multiple of roughly 63.29x based on a share price of $124.37 

Tesla deliveries, for September: huge. Tesla shares jumping; target raised. 

What Tesla did, China's BYD did in a month; 

  • Cramer says the BYD looks like a $60,000 car
  • appeared to have mumbled that the EU is committing suicide by allowing the BYB into EU
  • will end the automobile manufacturing market in Europe
  • Trump watching closely.

BYD:

  • founded in Shenzhen in 1994, BYD Auto surpassed Tesla to become the top-selling electric vehicle company globally
  • BYD stands for "Build Your Dreams," a backronym originally derived from its Chinese phonetic name, Biyadi
  • vertical integration: the company builds its own batteries (such as the Blade Battery) and supply chains, allowing it to offer affordable vehicles starting around $11,000 to $22,000 locally while expanding rapidly across Europe, Asia, and Latin America. 

In the tech arena: most exciting ticker -- AVGO. News yesterday is already forgotten. Link here. 

Jobs report: "Goldilocks" report viewed by most

  • unemployment ticks higher, from 4.1% to 4.2%
  • consensus: the Fed won't raise rates in October, 2026
  • equities surge. 

Oil prices coming down: but unlikely to bring prices at pump down --

  • prices coming down on rumors that EU will release reserves; this is "false" good news
  • world doesn't need more diesel fuel releases; world needs more refineries (don't take that out of context)
  • apparently majority of product released is diesel -- details to follow
    • by the way, that release of diesel was due to .... wait for it ... Trump's jawboning -- yesterday, Trump said he could very easily ban diesel exports if the EU doesn't start releasing its own diesel --- again, Trump does it with words, and mainstream media won't give him credit 
    • it looks like the "overall" price move is about 5% down -- depending on what you look at... 

Oil prices coming down: this will bring oil prices down --

  • Saudi Arabia exporting 80 - 90% of pre-war levels;
  • Iran has clearly lost the narrative;
  • on top of this, US sending more military power into the Gulf; 30% (?) increase; 
  • third carrier group; 10,000 more US military personnel.

Nvidia chips:

  • Amazon aims to offload $8 billion worth of Nvidia chips -- story breaking now
  • speaks volumes 

See disclaimer. 

********************************
Disclaimer

Briefly: 

  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken.
  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.
  • See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. 
  • Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything.
  • If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 
  • Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. 
  • And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. 
  • I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM. Nothing on this site should be seen as recommendations for the general public. On the other hand, I have no problem if members of my extended family "see" recommendations I might be making - but only members of my extended family, limited to my children and my grandchildren.
  • Longer version here.