Tuesday, August 11, 2026

A Musical Interlude -- August 11, 2026

Locator: 51387MUSIC.

11:00 p.m. CT August 11, 2026 -- WTI has just gone over $84, trading at $84.07.  

Link here

In her "Hey, Ho" she sounds a lot like Amy Winehouse. I don't care for this particular video but the song is great.

*********************************
Just How Big Is Texas?

On this map, I live in Sioux City, Iowa. Look at all the states I have to drive through just to get out of the state of Texas.

[I don't know how accurate this map is.] 

********************************
The Book Page

Tonight's late reading: The American Language, Supplement Two, H. L. Mencken, c. 1948; seventh printing, 1978. 

I just picked this book up a week ago in Portland, Oregon, for $4.00 -- hardcover, 890 pages with an additional 43 pages of index.  

The American Language, Supplement Two, H. L. Mencken, c. 1948. $4.00 (original: $28.00). The Definitive Edition of "The American Language was published in 1936. A single copy of the second supplement is available at Amazon for $49.99 but one can get the 3-volume set for $18.99. Or one can get the two-volume supplement set for $12. I've long wanted the 3-set series. 

***********************************
Back to the Music

"Queen of Hearts."

Link here