Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Taco Tuesday -- July 29, 2026

Locator: 51282B..
Pageviews: 69, 613, 266, 9:35. a.m, July 29, 2026.

Fight's on.

CVX:

  

********************************
Back to the Bakken

 WTI: $84.60. 

New wells reporting:

  • Sunday, August 2, 2026: 4 for the month, 45 for the quarter, 398 for the year, 
    • 42106, conf, Formentera Operations, Bull Mountain-31-18-DIV S513HF,
    • 41698, conf, Hess, SC-Bingeman-154-98-0904H-8, 
    • 41440, conf, Whiting, Jefferson Federal 5003 42-14 10BX,
  • Saturday, August 1, 2026: 1 for the month, 42 for the quarter, 395 for the year,
    • 42105, conf, Formentera Operations, Bull Mountain-31-18-DIV S611HF, 
  • Friday, July 31, 2026: 41 for the month, 41 for the quarter, 394 for the year, 
    • None.
  • Thursday, July 30, 2026: 41 for the month, 41 for the quarter, 394 for the year, 
    • None. 
  • Wednesday, July 29, 2026: 41 for the month, 41 for the quarter, 394 for the year, 
    • None.

RBN Energy: how much natural gas will reach the southeast followign these big new projects? Link here. Archived.

One of the seminal energy-related political controversies of the past decade was the construction of Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP). Before entering service in June 2024, the 2-Bcf/d pipeline project faced a number of regulatory hurdles and went through countless rounds of litigation, ultimately culminating in a high-profile Senate showdown. Since becoming fully operational, MVP has filled up seasonally in the winter, but much of its capacity has remained unused in the shoulder season because of constraints downstream on Transco, frustrating an Appalachian market that yearns for growth. Now, three new projects aim to debottleneck Transco and get more gas flowing to the Southeast: Transco’s Southeast Supply Enhancement as well as MVP Southgate and MVP Boost, both of which are being developed by the co-owners of MVP. But beyond nameplate capacity numbers, how much will these projects really enable gas to go outside the Northeast and find new markets? In today’s RBN blog, we will discuss the impact of these projects and estimate their impact on future flows into North Carolina and beyond.

We have been tracking these projects for some time now, both in our weekly NATGAS Appalachia report and in recent blogs like Don’t Stop Believin’. To recap, the Southeast Supply Enhancement (SSE) comprises 55 miles of pipeline looping and other improvements that will add 1.6 Bcf/d of capacity to Williams Cos.’ Transcontinental Pipeline (Transco) along three paths, each extending south from Station 165: to Station 160 in Rockingham County, NC (Path 1; dashed pink line in Figure 1 below); to Station 145 in Cleveland County, NC (Path 2; dashed purple line); and the Station 85 Zone 4 Pool in Choctaw County, AL (Path 3; dashed red line). SSE had its certificate approved by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) this past January and is expected to be fully in service in the second half of 2027, although Williams management has stated its desire to get some gas to North Carolina ahead of schedule and before the full compression is installed.

 

*********************************
Disclaimer

Briefly

  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken.
  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.
  • See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. 
  • Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything.
  • If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 
  • Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. 
  • And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. 
  • I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM.
  • Longer version here