Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Overnight, WTI Jumps -- July 22, 2026

Locator: 51223BULGARIA.

Great news: Bulgaria -- borders Iran to the northeast -- has joined the fight. They get it. They will allow USAF to maintain presence in their country. 

Tit-for-Tat: one bridge or one power plant for each ship attacked by Iran/ Houthis -- Trump. Because the specter of Iran hanging over the strait, this one-for-one is not enough for shippers to take the risk. Trump needs to go for three bridges and one power plant for each ship attacked by Iran and their proxies. 

OpenAI: the chatbot going rogue in the last 48 hours is absolutely, the most incredible story ever. Say "hi" to HAL. 

CNBC: will ring the bell to open the NYSE today. Cramer at the center, Sarah Eisner on his right, Carl Q. at Cramer's left on the big stage. There it is -- 8:30 a.m. and the bell is ringing. Jim Cramer is 71 years old; has the energy of Alex Karp. Lots of green on the Big Board.

WTI: up amost $3.00, up 3.5%. Trading at $87.31. Finally, oil investors are seeing some action. WTI opens at $86.22. NASDAQ, S&P 500, and the Dow all look great. Dell up 7% at the open. 

In your face: US agrees to let Saudi Arabi have nuclear energy. This will get Iran's attention. The Mideast is changing. But I think the Bulgaria deal is really a game changer.  

Pickaxe Mountain: an old, old name. 

Investing: this is going to be a good day for adding some shares in e-retail, really big box store, and energy. Starting to see new and frequent BNY ads at CNBC

Apple Air Tags: on sale. May not last long. 

Apple M5: bought a new Apple computer for college granddaughter. This is quite a story. Maybe for another day.  

*********************************
Disclaimer

Briefly

  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken and I am often well out front of my headlights. I am often appropriately accused of hyperbole when it comes to the Bakken.
  • I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.
  • See disclaimer. This is not an investment site. 
  • Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If something appears wrong, it probably is. Feel free to fact check everything.
  • If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 
  • Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, US economy, and the US market.
  • I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple. 
  • And now, Nvidia, also. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Nvidia. Nvidia is a metonym for AI and/or the sixth industrial revolution. 
  • I've now added Broadcom to the disclaimer. I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Broadcom. Now, I've added Amazon. And QCOM.