Friday, April 19, 2024

For Investors, Big Story Today: A Huge Rotation Into Energy -- April 19, 2024

Locator: 47040INV.

Big story today? SLB.

Let me add something to this which I posted yesterday:

Market: US equity markets continue to fall / tread water. 

This is what's going on. Money managers -- for all those mutual funds -- are pulling money out of the market knowing that the Fed won't raise rates and they feel we've seen the highs for the first half of the year, if not for the entire year. These mutual funds are putting their profits into bonds to lock in high rates for six months, if not for the rest of the year. They need to do this because these mutual funds report their returns on a quarterly basis.

Add this: for the past several weeks there has been a huge rotation from tech into energy.  

Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market, I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple.

See disclaimer. This is not an investment site.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. 

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them. 

Again, all my posts are done quickly. There will be typographical and content errors in all my posts. If any of my posts are important to you, go to the source.

Reminder: I am inappropriately exuberant about the US economy and the US market, I am also inappropriately exuberant about all things Apple

*****************************
The Music Page

Who knew? Link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment