Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Clearing Off The Desk, Part 1 -- April 3, 2024

Locator: 46907MISC.

Inflation watch: another great example. The "standard" price is $5.88 in the local area, so $5..99 is a bit on the high side, but look at that, four for fourteen dollars.

  • regular price: 4 x $5.88 = $23.52
  • sale price: 4 for for $14.00

Wiretapping? This is brilliant. I wish I had been the lawyer who thought of this. This is a no-brainer. I personally like marketing folks tracking my web surfing: I know I'm always going to get ads. I just prefer ads that provide value to me not random ads. I remember vividly, decades ago getting ads for male-enhancement drugs. I don't get those adds any more. I get ads for Lego, which I prefer.

Basketball television ratings: this is why college athletes need to get paid. Caitlyn Clark, alone, was probably responsible for adding a million or two viewers. Link here.

For investors concerned about inflation, be careful for what you ask. Even a little deflation is a whole lot worse than a bit of inflation. Link here.

For those asking the question, are you better off now than you were four years ago? Link here. Over the last five years, household net worth has grown by 50%.


Chevron, Hess, XOM, and Guyana
: I have never understood all the excitement. Link here.

Landings. See my earlier blog on this. Now, another one.

For the Dutch, reality sucks. Link here. I wonder if folks know why?

4 comments:

  1. My recently "wounded" bride was advised to drink Ensure Clear. Check out Fry's here.. https://www.frysfood.com/search?query=ensure%20clear&searchType=default_search
    And then compare to Amazon here... https://www.amazon.com/Ensure-Clear-Nutrition-high-quality-protein/dp/B00BY661T8/ref=sr_1_2?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.f8aDR1c7Nhb4cSnvbS6C_DAEwMq_1vwhdH41mrD_d-ZagTdyQXb8YiPjZw-l7F3K93gxXV5bPubcAetveOLzMZMdAb3bH1lmvWzFtlsvXQYXwVBDhOkxjINGdnVrNEQPbS1IamR3y8raPBWzI9RsCv6A-1xcjoer4SXA0dmLAbCu8xkcDt3Ntsk6BaatxYFk5LGdJr9e1mXi0c0jwWvQ1POXqvHySQkN2kESIAUs8G8LOBZe5yNHJ_45V2bE1Y6zX602X02KsmF_JhGqCwFiTikjg4OfSZQ5a8e7Me7skI0.IKaX7C2EF_IraT5W2CMeLZ3k_OeiHIN_a45dFV99LlQ&dib_tag=se&keywords=ensure+clear&mfadid=adm&qid=1712194082&sr=8-2
    Care to guess which shows up on Friday??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon will ship free. I don't know Fry's shipping. Also, with Amazon credit card, 5% cash back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The devil take the shipping! Amazon Prime: 24 for $46; Fry's... 4 for $13. Amazing Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some products, Amazon allows subscriptions which saves even more money.

      Delete