Sunday, June 18, 2023

Another Apple MacBook Air 15-Inch Review -- June 18, 2023

Locator: 44975AAPL.

Review: Apple's MacBook Air 15-inch

My hunch: very few folks really understand how incredible this laptop really is. One could argue it's a $3,999 machine being sold for $1,299, and is already being sold at discount by Amazon, by $100.

For casual, non-gaming users like me, the M1 13-inch MacBook more than meets my need but it's 13-inch. I can only imagine what the 15-inch "feels" like. 

I am still using the 2018 retina 13-inch MacBook Air with an Intel single core CPU with a speed of 894.

In comparison: the MacBook Air (late 2020) Apple M1: 2,322.

The Apple M2 base model, interestingly, is slower than the M1 and it's not trivial. But it doesn't matter.

It's all about the 15-inch display. 

By the way, in the old days, I would always buy the older Apple computer when the new ones were released. Apple computers easily have a life-span of five years. When the new ones come out, the older ones are generally less expensive than the newer ones before the price cuts that invariably ensure.

So, one can still get the 13-inch M1 chip for $999 (Apple) and I'm sure at retailers one can find models cut in price. I see that one can get this "$999" computer for $849 at Amazon as well as elsewhere. That's not much of a price cut, but wow, $849 for an M1 Apple MacBook Air. That's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment