Friday, April 21, 2023

Two Rambling Thoughts -- April 21, 2023

Locator: 44448P. 

Well, duh but ... 

The vast majority of "journalists" are under 30, have few life experiences, and have no idea what it means to be an octogenarian. 

Much more could be said, but I will leave it at this:

  • would you rather die of old age, in diapers, in a nursing home, attended by a matronly aide, watching CNN all day; or,
  • would you rather die of old age, in diapers, sitting in the Oval Office, watching young female staffers all day?

Link here.

Does one think he's really listening to his doctors? LOL. And does the electorate even care?

**********************************
Investing

I'm an investor, not a trader, and have a 30-year-rolling horizon.

I have a bucket list of equities from which I select for new additions to my portfolio.

I invest twice a month, month-in / month-out, regardless of what the market is doing. I don't buy bonds.

Right now there is a certain equity in which I have never invested and that equity is not on any of my bucket lists. 

And thirty years from now, whatever it is doing today, won't matter. 

However, it is so hard to ignore.

The CEO is under great pressure to get the company's share price back to where it was three years ago. Under great pressure. Enough pressure that his/her job may depend on how the stock is doing one year from now. 

The stock is well off its highs, pays a small dividend that is likely to grow significantly, and the company itself will never fail.

I invest next week. We'll see. 

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them

Again, all my posts are done quickly. There will be typographical and content errors in all my posts. If any of my posts are important to you, go to the source

**********************
Recession? What Recession?

Story everywhere.

**********************
Bud

I've never paid attention to Bud's dividend.

4 comments:

  1. Biden's not really running. just playing the stalking horse candidate until another emerges to keep the momentum and pressure on the GOP alternative. He's done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't disagree, but the Biden family needs the presidential protection from all the legal issues pending. I've not seen any credible alternative to the Biden administration. That's why I've suggested the US may have its first cybernetics president in 2025. But I certainly won't argue with anyone who thinks Biden is done. DeSantis is certainly done.

      Delete

    2. “When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”

      ― Will Rogers

      Delete