Friday, April 21, 2023

Memories -- Nothing About The Bakken -- April 21, 2023

Locator: 44447L.

A reader sent me a link to this story about Harvard pranksters deflating tires on Beacon Hill in Boston.

My not-ready-for-prime-time reply:

That was up on Beacon Hill in the city.
We lived in a suburb to the west, Belmont, but went into Boston almost everyday when we lived there.
One doesn't need a car in Boston so this tire-deflating action will be just a moment of irritation. These folks are so rich, they will have their factotums simply call AAA or whatever insurer they want to use and have things back to normal by dinner time.
A smart entrepreneur would drive his mobile tire-repair operation up and down Beacon Hill and start repairing tires on site. This isn't rocket science.The story brings back great memories.

**********************************
Boston

Memories.

My coming-of-age stories. 

At least four great loves of my life. I've lost count. LOL.

The great loves of my life, not necessarily in chronological order:

  • San Francisco. East of Eden. Twice? [A, B]
  • Hearst Castle. Wow, Sophia and I need to take a road trip. [B]
  • Anaheim. And not Disneyland. Charlie Rich. [C]
  • Boston. Everything. [B]
  • Westfield, NJ. Sultry, sweaty, definitions one and two. [B]
  • The secure, undisclosed location. Sultry, definition #2. [D]
  • Santa Barbara, CA. Picnic with glass wine glasses. [C]
  • Pasadena. Wow! [C] 
  • West LA. Glen Campbell. [A]

Seriously, I need to consider one last "fling." If I'm in good health, i.e., "alive," next summer, that may be my last opportunity.

Budget: $200 / day -- lodging, food, gasoline. Oh -- gasoline. Forgot that. $300 / day.

  • DFW --> Los Angeles (three days).
  • Los Angeles: three days/nights -- no lodging expenses.
  • Los Angeles to Paso Robles, CA (Hearst Castle) --> one day, one night.
  • Hearst Castle to Vacaville, CA --> three days.
  • Vacaville, CA --> Portland, OR --> five days, no lodging expenses.
  • Portland, OR --> Flathead Lake, MT -- seven days, no lodging expenses.
  • Flathead Lake, MT --> DFW -- three days.

Days: one month.

Budget: 30*$300 = Credit card: $2,000 / week.

Plan: new Schwab account. LOL.


When I re-live my coming-of-age stories, it reminds me that I need to talk to Sophia about some of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment