Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Nothing About The Bakken -- For The Archives -- April 4, 2023

Locator: 44304B. 

Ennui.

He succumbed to ennui and despair.

A snippet from my own journal:

July 25, 2008: While reading Sylvia Plath’s Journals I came across “villanelles.” I think I had heard of that term before but now that I saw the word again I was curious what villanelles were. I went to wiki, found a short definition, and in the process of “cutting and pasting” that definition on my “Storytelling” chapter, I noted that I had not completed a sentence regarding a newly discovered poem by Sylvia Plath. 
 I “googled” a phrase from the incomplete sentence which took me directly to solving the nano-mystery: the lost Plathian poem was Ennui which then took me to Blackbird: An Online Journal of Literature and the Arts where I found the background of Ennui.
Blackbird appears to be a free site maintained by the Department of English at the Virginia Commonwealth University. This site apparently owns the copyright or has access to much of Sylvia Plath’s works. The site includes the text of Ennui as well as scanned copies of the original typewritten page of Plath’s.

I may or may not get to the daily activity report today. 

I just ordered this book, today, from Amazon. It will likely be the last book for the 2023 winter reading program:

A Fever in the Heartland: The Ku Klux Klan's Plot to Take Over America, an the Woman Who Stopped Them, Timothy Egan, c. April 4, 2023; in Amazon #1 in "Historical Study."

At Amazon, link here

Looking at trailers -- on YouTube -- for Apple TV+ suggests that Apple is looking to become the next Hollywood movie house. Amazing stuff being released. 

A reader sent me this: pizza toast.  there are so many dots for me to connect, it will take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment