Thursday, April 27, 2023

Hess With Four New Permits; Sixteen Permits Renewed -- April 27, 2023

Locator: 44487B.  

Earnings tomorrow, updated as results come in, link here:

  • BRK — forecast: $5,522.20.
  • CVX — beats. 
  • XOM — first quarter record profit. Huge beat. Firing on all cylinders. Playing hardball with PXD.

XOM:  income rose to $11.43 billion, or $2.79 per share, compared with $5.48 billion a year ago which included a writedown to exit Russia. Barron’s says $2.83. Whisper number: $2.69. Wall Street number: $2.65. Pre-market, Friday: turns green.

Eggs: !!!

Best link today: here, WSJ. Finally.

  • I put neither eggs nor butter in the refrigerator.

Good for him, without an agent? This could have been yours, Kaepernick.

Poolside. Thursday night, after an incredible day on Wall Street, enjoying a -- what am I enjoying? -- oh, there it is: a rum and Coke. And watching the mallards in the pool. They certainly are fun to watch.

I would give a lot to be able to share a beer with Hunter S Thompson but I would give even more to re-live a moment in time in 2005. And 1977. And 1975. Or whenever it was. I think my adult life began on a cross country trip from Nashville, TN, to Westfield, NJ, in 1975. I still remember the conversation with the waitress in eastern Tennessee, 7:00 p.m. or thereabouts on a Friday night, probably in late May.  

As detailed as my diaries are, I wish I had written more.

Wow, how I'm looking forward to summer. When you hit a certain age, for me, 72 years of age, every day is more precious than the day before.That's why I spend every evening poolside when I can. Tomorrow, a huge hailstorm / tornado weather predicted.

Memories -- back to Menwith Hill Station, Yorkshire, England. Listening to BBC all night long. Best music ever. Seriously, listening to the radio all night long, not wanting to fall asleep, knowing that I would never enjoy life so much. I literally watched the minutes tick by for twelve hours. For me, the best part of life is/was all about relationships. 

But I digress.

Link here.

******************************
Back to the Bakken

Active rigs: 40. 

WTI: $74.73.

Natural gas: $2.346.

Four new permits, #39856 - #39859, inclusive;

  • Operator: Hess
  • Field: Tioga (Mountrail)
  • Comments:
    • Hess has permits for two EN-Lokken wells and two EN-Charles Wood wells, NENE 17-157-94; 
      • to be sited 404 FNL and between 1052 FEL and 1151 FEL.

Sixteen permits renewed:

  • CLR (11): three Chloe (Williams); eight McClintock (Williams);
  • Oasis (5): five Domalakes, Cottonwood oil field (first "discovered by Fidelity/MDU), now Oasis, Burke County.

4 comments:

  1. One of the best gifts my wife's sister sent us, back in the day.... Still use it, still love it! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_butter_dish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't refrigerate maple syrup, chocolate syrup, jams and jellies, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey either.

      Delete
  2. And, since life is short and for a few dollars more, fill it with Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter or Kirkland Signature Grass-Fed Butter (New Zealand). You'll not regret it, trust me on this one...

    ReplyDelete