Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Inflation: Through My Lens -- March 1, 2023

***********************
Historical Inflation Rates, 1914 - 2023
 
This was pretty much the majority of that part of my adult life in which I was earning a living and raising a family, for me, 1977 - 2007. Pay particular attention to 1973 to  1976, and then again, 1977 - 1982. The year 1977 was relatively good compared to what came before and what came after. Now add in college and graduate school expenses for two daughters and multiple international trips for one. I was in the military all that time and although it was a good salary it was not great compared to my colleagues on the outside, but I’ll write more about later.
 

Now, on a fixed income:

 
And for those who prefer the alternative, 1929:


*****************************
Global Inflation



No comments:

Post a Comment