Friday, March 31, 2023

Family Soccer -- Nothing About The Bakken -- March 31, 2023

Middle granddaughter Olivia. Lives and breathes soccer, as well as almost everything else.

Junior in high school. Every one of her classes is AP.

Plays soccer for high school women's soccer team. One of three captains of the team. Captains are usually seniors. 

She also plays for a Dallas club team.

Anyway, Texas high school soccer is now in their championship season.

About a week ago, they won "district," the sixteenth consecutive district championship for this team. The coach thought this year would be the first year in sixteen years that the team would not come out of district.

They "won" district.

I'm out of the loop. I don't know where they are with regard to "regional" but I know they won their first two games earlier this week. I was told that the game tonight -- the third "regional" game was "make or break" and it was against the #1 "regional” team.

Long story short, Olivia's team won 3 - 2 in overtime. Whoo-hoo.

So, I don't know if they won "regional" or if they still have another game to play which they must win to go to "state." 

I don't think the girls really care if they won "regional" or not; they simply show up at the next scheduled game and play to win. Brackets? I don't think they know. They just play to win. 

I don't know when / where their next game is but a photographer has some incredible photos of the second game and has posted them on Flickr. I'll post a few of those photos over the next few days. 

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to upload the "header" videos which the team has perfected. 

In the photo below, note the pink "band" around the stocking just below the knee -- you can't see it but there's a huge "C" on that pink band designating Olivia as a captain.

20230328-_SA12377

No comments:

Post a Comment