Saturday, February 25, 2023

North Dakota Bakken Natural Gas -- You Will Never Guess How Cheap It Got -- February 25, 2023

A huge "thank you" to the reader who sent me this. Link here.

In the third box below, look at Devon's average realized price for natural gas. 




 So much more at the link.

By the way, folks in North Dakota using natural gas to heat their homes should see a huge drop in their utility bills for December, 2022, and January, 2023. And, if they look out their windows, they will see pigs flying. 

By the way, speaking of Bakken natural gas at 40 cents / Mcf, what's going on in New England tonight.

Yup, there it is -- the Greta effect, as we call it -- the resource mix? New England is back to using coal and oil to keep prices manageable. This is one of the worse charts I've seen for New England this year.

New England is using as much oil and coal as they're getting from hydro.

Natural gas is only 31% of the mix because energy demand is so paltry right now: 13856 MW.  And I think that's the highest percent I've seen for net imports at 25%. I've seen 24% before if I recall correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment