Friday, February 17, 2023

Don't Stop Me Now -- Queeen -- February 17, 2023

*******************
What A Great Night

It's sweatshirt weather and by this time next week it will be 80-some degrees here in north Texas.

Sophia is on her way to Denver tonight to go skiing with her dad over the three-day weekend.

I rushed out to catch her at the gate to say good-bye (for the third time today / tonight). 

The manager's building was all "alarmed." False alarm but the alarms woke up the neighborhood, and the fire department showed up, and that will be Sophia's last view of the apartment complex before she flies out tonight. 

The dad loves to ski but he has no family members with whom to ski any more. The oldest daughter is at college in Nashville; the middle daughter has a robotics competition in Austin, Texas, tomorrow; and that leaves Sophia, the third grader to ski with her dad. They have close friends at the bottom of the mountain at Vail. I should be so lucky.

But I've gotten soft. I no longer like cold weather. I would much prefer swimming; eagerly looking forward to May when we can start swimming outside again.

If my apartment manager is reading this: thank you for everything you do. The apartment complex is awesome; it's right at my "living beyond my means" level.

I have the weekend free: Sophia will be in Colorado, our daughter (Sophia's mother) will be on the lake; Olivia will be in Austin; my wife will be painting; and, that leaves me. Awesome.  

High on my list: lots of reading. Eight new books from Powell Books in Portland, OR. I'm actually reading all of them, bits and pieces at a time. 

Even Lord of the Rings

**************************
500 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment