Tuesday, January 17, 2023

The Apple Page -- Whoo-Hoo! January 17, 2023

Updates

January 18, 2023: sleuthing suggests all the products released over the weekend / yesterday, Tuesday  caught everyone by surprise; it looks like these products were supposed to be released last fall (October, 2022) but caught up in China supply problems.

Later, 8:01 p.m. CT: the Apple announcements today were huge. Really huge. I'm not sure if the mainstream media knows how big these stories were on so many levels. Two links of importance;
2024 MacBook Pro models to feature 3mm M3 Pro and M3 Max chips; and the 2024 Mac Mini. The timelines are particularly interesting -- if I get the chance I'll explain just how interesting the announcements were. And, of course, this is on top of the huge Apple story from last Friday (January 14, 2023).

Later, 2:48 p.m. CT: I'm now watching the new 20-minute Apple ad for the 3rd time. They had me at "52 apps open at one time" but just had to watch it all again. As I've said many, many times, I don't care about Apple, INC with regard to AAPL. I'm simply blown away by the technology, the culture, and the business model

Later, 2:06 p.m. CT: today on YouTube a barrage of Apple commercials, introducing the new, revolutionary M2 Mac Mini and MacBook Pro. More than ever I know I am correct with my thoughts about the southern surge. So many dots to connect. I will eventually find the new 20-minute Apple ad; when I do, I will link it.

Later, 2:01 p.m. CT: the M2 MacMini announcement. MacBook Pro. The "old Mac Mini": $899.

The brand new MacMini? $599. Talk to me about inflation again.

Original Post 

The Dow falls 300 points and AAPL is UP.  

Revolutionary. Simply leapfrogging the competition. 

Apple made so many announcements today, impossible to keep up. Go to MacRumors, a dynamic link.

Link here

Wow, this was a surprise.

Intel: sayonara. Apple has removed the Intel Mac Mini from lineup.

Data points:

  • the new M2 Pro chip:
    • a 10-core or 12-core CPU
      • up to 20% faster performance than the M1 Pro chip
    • also a 19-core GPU that delivers up to 30% more graphics performance (target: Nvidia)
  • higher-end M2 Max chip
    • an improved 12-core CPU with up to eight high-performance and four high-efficiency cores
      • delivers up to 20% faster performance than the M1 Max chip
    • has up to a 38-core GPU
  • with the new M2 Max chip, the new MacBook Pro is now up to 6x faster than the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro
  • much, much more at MacRumors

Huge.

*********************************
Background

Investors.

AAPL: link here.

Chips, semiconductor: link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment