Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Briefly -- December 21, 2022

Amazon: seems to be trying something, or they've been doing it for awhile and I just noticed. I think "everyone" has seen the "flash fare sales" offered by airlines -- the sales are / are not announced and then for a very short window -- sometimes measured in hours -- specific fares on some routes, some days are drastically reduced, only to return to regular pricing a few hours later

I've been eager to get a certain Lego product for quite some time, but I no longer have room for new Lego products and have pretty much decided to quit buying Lego, except as gifts for others. But I check in on that Lego product I've been following for quite some time.

Two days ago, Amazon dropped the price by 19%. I did not buy, but I was really tempted. I saw the price during the middle of the night. The next day, after thinking about it, I decided to buy. When I got back to Amazon, the price had been restored to the standard Lego price, and I did not buy. I checked site each day for awhile -- it never did go back on sale -- I missed an opportunity. Kicked myself. 

Then last night, again in the middle of the night, Amazon dropped the price by 20%.

So, we'll see.

Natural gas:

  • UK, link here. We've talked about this before.

A demographic catastrophe, link here

Housing: link here.


Silver:


More silver, link here:

Russia: mining giant Nornickel may cut output 10% next year. Again, a ban on Russian produccts. Link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment