Saturday, November 5, 2022

Slow And Serious, Part 1 -- Saturday, November 5, 2022

So much to blog about. 

This is what we'll be talking about today.

A little investing: buy-and-hold strategy.

A little investing: laser-focused on dividends. 

Buffett: the long game. 

Big Pharma: just how much money can be made with the Covid-19 vaccine?

Disneyland prices: $3.05 / day?

Greta: German for fraud.

Qualcom: good news.

Selena Gomez: nice to see.

*******************************
Buffett: The Long Game

He waited and waited and waited -- ever since 2009: link here.

I bought and held OXY for a short period; don't hold it now. I've been accumulating CVX "forever." I began when I bought Texaco when it declared bankruptcy. It was one of the top five best investment decisions I ever made. 

*****************************
Buy And Hold

CAH: link here

Years ago CAH ended up in my portfolio. I have long forgotten the details. I don't know if I made a conscious decision to buy a few shares or if it was part of a spin-off. I could easily check the history but I have no interest in finding out. All I know is that year after year I would see CAH in my portfolio, wonder why it was there, but would never do anything with it. Just let it sit there. Then this week:


 Does it even pay a dividend? Yup, 2.5%.

Enough for now. The other stories to follow on new posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment