Friday, October 28, 2022

Twitter Looks "Unchanged" This Morning -- Begs The Question -- Why Did Twitter Need 7,500 Employees? October 28, 2022

Link here. Let me know if you see anything different on twitter from yesterday.

Is twitter down? Link here.

Just some of the news today, all from twitter:

  • Pelosi's husband beaten in his home; in hospital.
  • META: one of the greatest market cap destructions ever.
  • Is AMZN next?
  • Permian inflation: runnng at 10 - 15%.
  • CVX: to add as many as four rigs to the Permian basin.
  • Peter Zeihan on Trump voters in 2020 -- prepared to be annoyed. Be sure to read the entire thread. Says exactly what I've thought all along.
  • Trump says Musk said Trump's account would be restored on Halloween. I can't make this stuff up.
  • Guns in schools. This should get your attention. I no longer care. Too bad the third graders in Uvalde weren't similarly armed.
  • Norway's sovereign wealth fund reports a third quarter loss. Go woke, go broke.
  • Jim Cramer chokes up. Should Jim Cramer go?
  • Something tells me Saudi Arabia is going to win this round.

So much more but I have to get back to the Bakken.  

META: one of the greatest market cap destructions ever.

A lot of small mom-and-pop retail "investors" who knew nothing about the stock market or investing put their life savings into META because they used Facebook all day long, every day, and assumed everyone did. I went every day, once a day, for six weeks to post my NYT Wordle but I quit doing that when I saw how obnoxious the ads had become and most of my contacts were posting where they had lunch that day.

Something tells me Saudi Arabia is going to win this round.


No comments:

Post a Comment