Tuesday, October 4, 2022

So Much Happening -- But I Need To Go For A Bike Ride -- Laser-Focused On Dividends -- October 4, 2022

 EPD: declares dividend. No change in dividend. Record date, Halloween, 10/31/22 and pay date, 11/14/22. Now paying about 7.7%. And depending when one bought EPD originally, the yield may be a whole lot greater.

***********************
Loretta Lynn

From wiki:

As of 2022, Lynn was the most awarded female country recording artist, and the only female ACM Artist of the Decade (1970s). Lynn scored 24 No. 1 hit singles and 11 number one albums. She ended 57 years of touring on the road after she suffered a stroke in 2017 and then broke her hip in 2018. 

I guess it will be awhile for Taylor Swift and Beyonce to catch up, and, of course, Cher never will.  

How does one produce that many albums? My hunch: she thought about her coal-mining dad who died of black lung disease at age 52 and knew that whatever she was doing was "less" than what her dad did for her. If that makes sense.

My parents were almost "exact" contemporaries of Loretta Lynn. My dad was born in 1922 and my mother was born in 1926, or thereabouts. Loretta Lynn was born in 1932.

I never listened to any music growing up in Williston until I got my driver's license, a 1948 Willys jeep, and a girlfriend in 1967 or thereabouts.

I guess Loretta Lynn's fame came a bit later. 

I still have my driver's license. My brother got my jeep. And someone from Fargo, ND, got my girlfriend.

Wow, that sounds like a country song. 

I guess my favorite memories of Loretta Lynn are those when she was with Conway Twitty.

The discography of Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn consists of 10 studio albums, seven compilation albums, 13 singles, and two charted B-sides. 
While signed to Decca and MCA as solo artists, Twitty and Lynn charted 12 duet singles in the top ten of the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart, including five number one hits.

Definitely not one of my favorite of her duets but it reminds me of one of the women in my past. P--  had the most sexy phone voice. And that was worth a lot. 


**************************
Back Street Affair

As I've gotten older, I've become less interested in the private lives of celebrities.

 
I would have to run through the discography but it seems the majority of Loretta Lynn - Conway Twitty duets had to do with infidelity.

**************************
Estate Planning

One great thing about long bike rides.

Estate planning.

Got it figured out.  

********************
Spouses Drive Spouses Nuts

Life was so much easier last month -- the entire month -- when my wife was out visiting friends and family in southern California. 

This is turning into a Neil Simon play.

No comments:

Post a Comment